About Intent HQ
Our mission is to help organisations have more genuine relationships with their customers by using data and machine learning to understand them on a human level and enable marketing personalisation at scale. We're a well-funded scale-up business, having raised £30m from several notable PE investors. We've had an initial focus in the telecommunications sector, landing some of the world's leading telecoms brands including Verizon and O2.
Our clients typically have tens of millions of customers and billions of interaction events each day. We have developed our platform to handle data at this enormous scale efficiently. Intent HQ is unique because we've focused on understanding customer interaction data. We do the hard-specialised work leaving our clients free to focus on integrating the insight into their business, with one Client seeing an additional £26m annual revenue as a result of using our products and services.
Intent HQ is an exciting place to work, with a team of 75-people strong (and growing!), we have offices in London, Barcelona and New York and collectively speak over 15 languages!
We are looking for a Product Owner to act as the right hand to a more experienced, commercially focused Senior Product Manager who’ll be responsible for leading a squad of Engineers, UX Designers and Data Scientists to discover opportunities and solutions to help us launch and scale this new business within the company.
You will be working closely with the Senior Product Manager on commercial discovery, defining opportunities and go to market strategy and with the engineering team on delivering value to meet our business goals.
MLOps is a bleeding-edge frontier of AI – huge amounts of investment from both customers and investors piling into the sector, with corresponding growth potential
- Work closely with the Senior Product Manager to build a product that fits with our target markets and the company portfolio, acting as the voice of the customer for the product
- Ensure we are solving the right problems - validate user pain points and make sure our product delivers against them, based on desktop research, competitor analysis and user interviews.
- Capture user needs, requirements and acceptance criteria and translate them into backlog items, ensuring good prioritisation
- Help the SPM to move from the problem space into the solution space - ideate, test and iterate possible solutions together with the engineering team
- Communicate well: ensure the developers have enough commercial context and understand the value of deliverables well enough to be empowered to make good decisions autonomously.
- Work closely with our Delivery Manager to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the scrum team. Support at ceremonies such as refinement and sprint planning.
- Manage the release cycle and enforce good documentation, help prepare product updates including sprint demos, launches and feature releases with internal stakeholders.
What we're looking for:
- At least 2 years experience as a Product Manager, Business Analyst or Product Owner
- Agile principles (e.g. Kanban, Scrum, Lean) and developments tools (e.g. Jira, Trello)
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams, communicating confidently, negotiating and managing conflicting constraints with senior stakeholders and customers
- Proactive, creative problem solver, you don't wait to be told what to do
- You are able to organise others and facilitate meetings and workshops
- Experience with data products, data exchanges, AI/ML analytics and/or experience with enterprise products is nice to have, but by no means necessary
- You're curious, ambitious and have buckets of grit, technical creativity and a desire to learn and improve
Diversity & Inclusion
Intent HQ is an equal opportunities employer with an ethos of commitment to promoting and practicing diversity, equality and inclusion at work. At IHQ, different perspectives, ideas and experiences are valued and respected, with fair and equal opportunities provided for all.
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast daily (when in the office)
- 26 days holiday (increasing with service)
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Higher than statutory maternity/paternity benefits
- Friday socials
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training opportunities