About Intent HQ
Our mission is to help organisations have more genuine relationships with their customers by using data and machine learning to understand them on a human level and enable marketing personalisation at scale. We're a well-funded scale-up business, having raised £30m from several notable PE investors. We've had an initial focus in the telecommunications sector, landing some of the world's leading telecoms brands including Verizon and O2.
Our clients typically have tens of millions of customers and billions of interaction events each day. We have developed our platform to handle data at this enormous scale efficiently. Intent HQ is unique because we've focused on understanding customer interaction data. We do the hard-specialised work leaving our clients free to focus on integrating the insight into their business, with one Client seeing an additional £26m annual revenue as a result of using our products and services.
Intent HQ is an exciting place to work, we are very proud to have made our debut on the FT1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 2022! We have a talented team of circa 100 -people (and growing!), with entities in London, Barcelona, Lisbon and New York and collectively speak over 15 languages!
We’re looking for an Applied Data Scientist to join our applied Data Science team. As part of the Customer Success organisation you’ll work with our customers, our platform data scientists, our product teams and our data and software engineers to deliver value directly to our customers by creating features, models and delivering amazing new capabilities to our customers. In the applied Data Science team your focus is on working directly with our customers and their Data Science teams to build a deep understanding of their data and understand how it can be used to create positive outcomes for them. This is a technical role but is also customer-facing, so you will be someone who is passionate about communicating the value of Data Science as well as building models.
- Leverage our core data science assets to build and evaluate models and features that create value for our customers
- Design approaches to deliver actionable outputs to customers to transform their ability to use behavioural data in the service of their customers
- Work directly with customers to understand the problems that they face, and how behavioural insights can be used to help them
- Help our customers develop an intuition as to how our models work and how our insights will deliver better outcomes for them
- Design and engineer informative new features that can be fed into the models of our clients to better understand their customers
- Become a champion of Data Science internally and develop our data science community in partnership with your platform/product data science colleagues
- Develop and ideate new Data Science opportunities from customer data that can be transitioned into our product development and Data Science teams
What we’re looking for:
- The most important requirement in the Applied DS team is the ability to creatively and logically think through key client problems that our stakeholders face in order to solve how our data science capabilities can be used to deliver a positive outcome
- Knowledge and experience of building and evaluating machine learning models in areas such as clustering, natural language processing and predicting customer actions
- Experience with data discovery and feature evaluation for inclusion in machine learning models
- Comfortable working with internal and external business stakeholders to understand and passionate about translating outcomes for technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in creating machine learning features and models using contemporary Python packages
- Experience contributing to data science and product strategy
- Experience with Spark SQL, PySpark and related machine learning libraries
- Distributed databases and tooling (Spark, Hive, Databricks)
- AWS (S3, EMR)
Diversity & Inclusion
Intent HQ is an equal opportunities employer with an ethos of commitment to promoting and practicing diversity, equality and inclusion at work. At IHQ, different perspectives, ideas and experiences are valued and respected, with fair and equal opportunities provided for all. Our diversity and inclusion efforts have been recognised with us being shortlisted as a finalist for a Women in Tech UK Award, under the Best Tech Employer (51-149 Employees)’ category, an achievement we are very proud of.
Working for Intent HQ, you have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an environment where you are encouraged to think and act outside traditional methods. We are a growing business with a flat structure meaning everyone is visible and able to make an impact, not just in their own role, but across the business on a daily basis. We promote a collaborative, innovative and sociable culture, oriented towards performance and competitive advantage. Our DNA is made up of flexibility to all staff with a family friendly approach and focus on personal development. We have high expectations and pride ourselves on our cultural standards.
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast daily (when in the office)
- 26 days holiday (increasing with service)
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection with Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Higher than statutory maternity/paternity benefits
- Work socials
- Wellbeing programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training opportunities