About Intent HQ
Our mission is to help organisations have more genuine relationships with their customers by using data and machine learning to understand them on a human level and enable marketing personalisation at scale. We're a well-funded scale-up business, having raised £30m from several notable PE investors. We've had an initial focus in the telecommunications sector, landing some of the world's leading telecoms brands including Verizon and O2.
Our clients typically have tens of millions of customers and billions of interaction events each day. We have developed our platform to handle data at this enormous scale efficiently. Intent HQ is unique because we've focused on understanding customer interaction data. We do the hard-specialised work leaving our clients free to focus on integrating the insight into their business, with one Client seeing an additional £26m annual revenue as a result of using our products and services.
Intent HQ is an exciting place to work, we are very proud to have made our debut on the FT1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 2022! We have a talented team of circa 100 -people (and growing!), with entities in London, Barcelona, Lisbon and New York and collectively speak over 15 languages!
We’re looking for an inspirational and visionary leader, to establish and lead our new Quality Assurance Practice.
We’re trying to solve one of the biggest problems of our time in the data and analytics industry. We’re developing capabilities at the forefront of understanding customer behaviours which go above and beyond honouring the privacy that consumers and regulators demand.
We use machine learning in horizontally scalable cloud architectures to predict behavioural indicators from vast heterogeneous datasets and we help our clients maximise the value of our AI to solve some of their hardest problems.
- You’ll establish a Quality Assurance Practice that will ensure that quality pervades our development and releases processes from the requirements and stories we create at the start to the feedback we capture from our customers at the end, with product development and production releases in between.
- Initially you’ll undertake an extensive assessment of the ways we currently work before creating a strategy that will drive forward our QA Practices and engineer automation into our QA activities wherever possible.
- As the strategy comes into view, you’ll create a community and team to deliver on it. This is likely to mean establishing cross-functional communities of champions that permeate our existing teams and hiring in new talent to our business to drive forward specific aspects of your vision.
- Through these means, you’ll establish the way we ‘do’ QA here at Intent HQ: what approaches we use, what tools we need, what standards we adhere to and how we work.
- We have amazing people who we trust deeply. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the ones in your reporting line have the structures and support they need to solve the hardest engineering problems and deliver incredible outcomes to our customers.
- You’ll build a team of Quality Assurance professionals that can embed and drive practises that improve both quality and communication throughout our product development lifecycle.
- You’ll build bridges and work closely with other technology leaders in our business in software engineering, data science, data engineering and tech ops to engineer quality into our capabilities as enterprise grade products that can scale to analyse trillions of events across millions of customers.
Where are we now?
We have a distributed understanding of what ‘quality’ means to us and our experts have a view of what ‘good’ looks like. We don’t, however, have a common understanding of the expectations of quality in the products we deliver, how to achieve them, or how to streamline them.
We currently have a number of Software Engineers, QA Engineers, SREs and Solution Architects in the UK (London) and Spain (Barcelona) undertaking novel research, capability development and contributing to customer success from our existing capabilities.
Our software engineers work in cross functional product engineering scrum teams, while R&D or customer success initiatives operate outside of the product engineering structure.
Our emergent SRE capability spans across the squads and you will need to help identify the most effective way of driving quality through this small, but growing group of SREs.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in creating a strategy for improving product and/or delivery quality
- Proven ability to understand and advise on Agile software development lifecycles in terms of building quality into each phase
- Experience that demonstrates an ability to understand and prioritise where in a company changes need to be made in order drive improvements in quality
- Experience of building a team to oversee and deliver Quality Assurance capabilities in growing software businesses.
Diversity & Inclusion
Intent HQ is an equal opportunities employer with an ethos of commitment to promoting and practicing diversity, equality and inclusion at work. At IHQ, different perspectives, ideas and experiences are valued and respected, with fair and equal opportunities provided for all. Our diversity and inclusion efforts have been recognised with us being shortlisted as a finalist for a Women in Tech UK Award, under the Best Tech Employer (51-149 Employees)’ category, an achievement we are very proud of.
Working for Intent HQ, you have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an environment where you are encouraged to think and act outside traditional methods. We are a growing business with a flat structure meaning everyone is visible and able to make an impact, not just in their own role, but across the business on a daily basis. We promote a collaborative, innovative and sociable culture, oriented towards performance and competitive advantage. Our DNA is made up of flexibility to all staff with a family friendly approach and focus on personal development. We have high expectations and pride ourselves on our cultural standards.
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast daily (when in the office)
- 26 days holiday (increasing with service)
- Pension scheme
- Income Protection with Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Higher than statutory maternity/paternity benefits
- Work socials
- Wellbeing programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training opportunities