About Intent HQ
Our mission is to help organisations have more genuine relationships with their customers by using data and machine learning to understand them on a human level and enable marketing personalisation at scale. We're a well-funded scale-up business, having raised £30m from several notable PE investors. We've had an initial focus in the telecommunications sector, landing some of the world's leading telecoms brands including Verizon and O2.
Our clients typically have tens of millions of customers and billions of interaction events each day. We have developed our platform to handle data at this enormous scale efficiently. Intent HQ is unique because we've focused on understanding customer interaction data. We do the hard-specialised work leaving our clients free to focus on integrating the insight into their business, with one Client seeing an additional £26m annual revenue as a result of using our products and services.
Intent HQ is an exciting place to work, we are very proud to have made our debut on the FT1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 2022! We have a talented team of circa 100 -people (and growing!), with entities in London, Barcelona, Lisbon and New York and collectively speak over 15 languages!
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Data Operations team.
You’ll work within our Agile engineering squads solving some of the most interesting data challenges around efficiency and integrity, at a scale few companies can match.
You’ll innovate with emerging data technologies and industry trends, creating data transformations, adaptors, and data pipelines to best support our data processing needs, and advising other teams on architectural patterns that can support data processing at scale.
You’ll work alongside our ML Engineers, Data Analysts and product teams to design, engineer and deliver amazing new data capabilities into the hands of our customers.
We’re a growing business and you’ll help others in their professional journeys at Intent HQ, just as we’ll help you grow and develop your skills, capabilities and character.
- As a Data Engineer in the Data Operations team, you will design and build data adaptors, advanced data transforms, and platform configuration to ingest and process client data at scale.
- You will manage the provisioning of client data to our platform. This will include extracting data from source systems, running, improving and orchestrating data pipelines, dealing with data ingestion and storage processes, and configuring data processing.
- In addition you will support operational activities, including investigating client issues and product configuration bugs. You'll work across the different squads to ensure they understand the bugs we're finding and have everything they need to fix them.
- You will adhere to and contribute towards improving our engineering standards, tooling and processes.
What we’re looking for:
- You are a dynamic and enthusiastic self-starter, full of curiosity and possessing an exceptional ability to adapt, discover, and learn new things.
- You can communicate well, and are willing to learn, listen and share knowledge with your teammates.
- You are comfortable with taking ownership of complex tasks, running with them and seeing them through to completion.
- You are confident in your ability to translate complex business requirements into efficient, scalable, and highly-performant data pipelines.
- You are passionate about data, sensitive to customer needs and collaborate well in a team environment.
- 5+ years industry experience in data and software engineering roles writing clean production ready code
- Strong software engineering experience delivering versioned code in an Agile/Lean environment using CI/CD tools and processes
- Strong development skills in Python and Scala functional programming
- Strong programming skills SQL and other Domain Specific Languages (DSL)
- Hands-on experience in composing and tuning complex data pipelines as part of an ETL environment
- A working knowledge of a wide range of data integration tools including AWS Glue
- A working knowledge of cloud environments (preferably AWS) and their core products and features (including S3, Lambda, EMR, EC2 etc.)
A working knowledge of both NoSQL and relational Databases
Familiarity with scripting languages and working in Unix environments
Experience working in a client-side team environment
A university degree (or equivalent) in engineering or science related discipline
Nice to Have:
Experience orchestrating data engineering pipelines using tools like Airflow
Experience with Apache Spark (PySpark or Scala) or Apache Beam
Experience with functional and nonfunctional testing of data pipelines
Interest in AI and Machine Learning and how data supports these activities
Diversity & Inclusion
Intent HQ is an equal opportunities employer with an ethos of commitment to promoting and practicing diversity, equality and inclusion at work. At IHQ, different perspectives, ideas and experiences are valued and respected, with fair and equal opportunities provided for all. Our diversity and inclusion efforts have been recognised with us being shortlisted as a finalist for a Women in Tech UK Award, under the Best Tech Employer (51-149 Employees)’ category, an achievement we are very proud of.
Working for Intent HQ, you have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an environment where you are encouraged to think and act outside traditional methods. We are a growing business with a flat structure meaning everyone is visible and able to make an impact, not just in their own role, but across the business on a daily basis. We promote a collaborative, innovative and sociable culture, oriented towards performance and competitive advantage. Our DNA is made up of flexibility to all staff with a family friendly approach and focus on personal development. We have high expectations and pride ourselves on our cultural standards.
Free breakfast daily (when in the office)
26 days holiday (increasing with service)
Income Protection with Employee Assistance Programme
Higher than statutory maternity/paternity benefits
Cycle to work scheme