About Intent HQ
Our mission is to help organisations have more genuine relationships with their customers by using data and machine learning to understand them on a human level and enable marketing personalisation at scale. We're a well-funded scale-up business, having raised £30m from several notable PE investors. We've had an initial focus in the telecommunications sector, landing some of the world's leading telecoms brands including Verizon and O2.
Our clients typically have tens of millions of customers and billions of interaction events each day. We have developed our platform to handle data at this enormous scale efficiently. Intent HQ is unique because we've focused on understanding customer interaction data. We do the hard-specialised work leaving our clients free to focus on integrating the insight into their business, with one Client seeing an additional £26m annual revenue as a result of using our products and services.
Intent HQ is an exciting place to work, we are very proud to have made our debut on the FT1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 2022! We have a talented team of circa 100 -people (and growing!), with entities in London, Barcelona, Lisbon and New York and collectively speak over 15 languages!
With us, you'll have many opportunities to improve and learn — if you love collaboration, technical excellence and experimentation, Intent HQ is the right place for you!
- You'll work to architect, create and maintain code to deliver new functionality for our customers and colleagues.
- You'll collaborate on design and UX with our product team.
- You will work as part of our team of engineers in Spain, UK and the USA, collaborating closely with those in the other locations. Sometimes you’ll also be asked to contribute to product, sales and client services discussions too.
- You will tackle tricky technical problems and help your squad to find new solutions for them.
- You'll help us give back to the open-source community by contributing to the tools we use, and releasing new ones, for the benefit of everybody!
- You will support your squad and the wider development team through pair programming and peer review.
What we’re looking for:
For senior roles, we’re looking for people with experience in at least one of our core languages, both SQL and NoSQL databases and a willingness and proven ability to pick up new technologies.
If you’ve played with some of the tools in our infrastructure that would be a big plus but feel free to apply if you have experience of similar environments. An aptitude for design and analysis would also be really helpful, as well as a willingness to pair with more junior colleagues to share your knowledge.
Our people are enthusiastic and engaged and care about finding good solutions, if that’s you then you’ll fit right in!
What is in our tech stack?
- TypeScript, React & Redux to develop UIs (like our flagship system Insights Explorer where our clients can explore their data).
- Modern, advanced CSS for styling.
- Scala to develop backend code, including other REST services, fs2-streams data processes and Spark jobs.
- Some Spark for transforming multiple terabyte sets of data into valuable insights.
- A sprinkling of Go and Rust for any tools where a standalone binary makes sense.
- HDFS, Cassandra, PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch as the main data stores.
- AWS, Docker, Terraform, Nomad and Vault in the operational stack.
Diversity & Inclusion
Intent HQ is an equal opportunities employer with an ethos of commitment to promoting and practicing diversity, equality and inclusion at work. At IHQ, different perspectives, ideas and experiences are valued and respected, with fair and equal opportunities provided for all. Our diversity and inclusion efforts have been recognised with us winning the Women in Tech UK Award, Best Tech Employer (51-149 Employees)’ category, an achievement we are very proud of.
Working for Intent HQ, you have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an environment where you are encouraged to think and act outside traditional methods. We are a growing business with a flat structure meaning everyone is visible and able to make an impact, not just in their own role, but across the business on a daily basis. We promote a collaborative, innovative and sociable culture, oriented towards performance and competitive advantage. Our DNA is made up of flexibility to all staff with a family friendly approach and focus on personal development. We have high expectations and pride ourselves on our cultural standards.
- Flexible working hours & fully remote (from Spain, UK or USA)
- Generous holiday package (based on location)
- Fresh fruit, coffee, tea and breakfast in the office
- Team retreats 1-2 times a year & trips to London or Barcelona offices
- Conferences & learning budget
- Higher than statutory maternity/paternity benefits
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection with Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- "Unlimited" unpaid days off (subject to fair use)
- Macbook Pro